Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #7
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thanks Dave. Had never heard about such a license.

By the way, did you get to camp in Germany?
When I was stationed there (2 tours) many, many moons ago whenever I went to a Volksfest or Rock Festival (almost every weekend during the summer) my preferred lodging was a tent. RVs were not all that popular in Germany back then.

Most of the time I would talk to the local Forest Miester and he would direct me to a spot in the woods suitable for primitive camping. When that didn't work I would find a camping field on the outskirts of whatever village or city I was visiting.

Folks thought I was nuts. We would come back from a deployment along the border (before the wall came down) and I'd go camping for a few days. They couldn't understand the less money I spent on lodging the more money I had available for good German beer.

There are organizations that sponsor RV Caravans through Europe. Some are a little pricey but probably worth every penny.

Here is the link to one that will give you an idea of what happens.

Airstream's oversees RV camping experience in Europe
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.