Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
mdgtmstng

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 304BHS
State: South Carolina
THOR #13115
1st outing, a success!

Well, our first outing was a success, overall. Even backed it into the driveway on one try upon our return (will wonders never cease???).

We did learn a thing or two... never trust your dealer to do everything they promised! First there was the roof leak before we left (found that thanks to hurricane Florence... fixed), then, went to open up one of the two propane bottles upon arrival, only to find it empty. Thankfully, the other one was full! Then, we learned that we need wood under the lego-style levelling blocks, otherwise they sink into the ground.

So, all that leads to a question regarding our last surprise... when we ran the hot water, we got a nasty "sulphurous" (for lack of a better term) smell. I had originally attributed the smell to the pink "antifreeze" in the fresh water tank. But it only comes from the hot water tank. How does one get rid of that?

Finally, electric trailer brake settings...

When we bought the trailer, the dealer went with us, driving locally for back-up training, and we ended up with the truck (Ram 2500 diesel) trailer brake set to 6.5. I didn't change it for the trip, and everything felt good for the 2.5 hr ride to our match. It felt good all the way home, four days later, but as we approached our driveway, I lowered my window, and as we pulled up in front of the house and I applied the truck brakes, I heard some nasty loud squealing from the brakes. After disengaging from the trailer, I took the truck round the block, to see if it was the truck's brakes... nope. Was the 6.5 setting too much?

Thanks as always!
What else do I need???
mdgtmstng is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.