Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket List Inn View Post
Wow! CWRay that’s quite a list! I just got an ACE 30.4 and I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions but the first one is what did you have to do to modify your Weber grill?
Thanks Bill
For the Weber Q series, the LP regulator is very easy to remove. It's just 2 screws holding the brace on, and then (as long as you brace the rest of the tube) you can simply wrench that big round regulator off. That leaves a 1/8" NPT male connector exposed.

I'd have to admit that at first I just bought a $50 kit that is out there to do the rest. But that ties a 6' hose onto that little aluminum nub, which I don't like. So I hit up Amazon and bought a ton (mostly wrong) connectors to make that grill have a QD Female connector for LP.

So it looks like this now:
Grill-1/8" NPT male -> 1/8" NPT Female-to-1/4" NPT Female reducer -> 1/4" NPT Male to LPT Quick Disconnect Male.

Then I can use standard QD hoses to take the LP off the rig.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.