Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
fivekitties

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
2015 Thor Windsport 34F Wheel Bearing Problem

Bought my 2015 Thor Windsport 34F on 04/25/2015. Had 1300 miles on it when I bought it.

It was in the CW shop more than out for the first two months, while I had small things fixed and upgrades put in.

I drove it about 200-250 miles over 2 months mostly back and forth to the CW shop.

On 07/15/2015, decided to go to the northeast. Headed out of Florida. About 700 miles into our trip on 295 North around Washington, I went over a small bump and started to hear this loud squealing and the steering wheel started to shake, and driver's side tire started to wobble.

We immediately pull over. We call for CoachNet help. The tech they send out, removed the tire, and the wheel bearing fell right out after he removed the tire. He said, with only 2400 miles on my coach, something had to be very, very wrong to have caused this.

We called Ford, opened a case. They sent a tow truck, and here we sit in Richmond, VA right now until the dealership opens Monday and we can get some answers.

I did some googling, and found this:

2014 F53 chassis - 2 Bad Wheel Bearings ??? - iRV2 Forums

It seems like this is a known issue, that Ford knew about, and we all experienced failures around 2500 miles. I just wanted to let others know about this.

S.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum