Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
Talked to Ford at RV show and the Transits Low cargo capacity. They claim that the Transit is going to get Heavy Duty upgrades . Not sure when.

Based on anticipated exterior revisions for 2020 Model Year, I expect any significant cargo capacity upgrades would be done at same time. There have already been many pictures posted on Internet of camouflaged Transit mules with front end covered up.

It’s interesting that when Ford came out with Transit 5 years ago, they announced it would replace the heavier-duty E-Series, which was being phased out. However, for RV use, Ford got the demand very wrong. The E-Series remains the #1 RV chassis.

More recently Ford officially announced that the E-Series would remain into the 2020’s, and would receive upgrades.

For me personally, even if GVWR wasn’t a factor, I’d prefer the E-Series over the Transit for a Class C. The cab area feels a lot more open, and also easier to get in and out of seats towards the back.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum