Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 11:11 PM   #3577
rmblaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Unfortunately, on the 29M the normal fill tube is way up high, underneath the shroud of the front cap. After trying a funnel, there wasn't much room to get into the body-contortion needed to raise the oil container around and above the funnel...and still maintain control of the situation.

What I have also considered would be to transfer the oil to more of a narrow, long-neck bottle -- like I've seen used with differential fluid. That, or a similar container would probably work.

I've seen numerous MH's on the F-53 chassis that have a much better designed front 'hood' where there is more than enough space to easily add oil. Your 35C front cap, however, looks identical to mine. I'm probably not as nimble as most. By the time I duck up and under the hood, I can barely crane my head to look up to where the fill cap is.

Looking with a critical eye, there is no reason that the fill tube couldn't be six inches lower. But hey...I'm not a design engineer. I did read of some pour soul who had a MH (I don't think it was a Thor product) who had to remove the front dash to access the fill tube. Crazy. He ended up taking it somewhere where they had a hook-shaped tube and a powered pump to fill the crankcase.

Cheers!
Kent
Kent I use someting like this

https://www.masterlink.ca/Home/Oil%20Buddy
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum