Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 12:06 AM   #2
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! You will get several opinions, and I'll start them off. Grandkids are a powerful draw, and one of the biggest reasons that folks who have moved to Florida move back. Probably the same with folks that move to Hawaii.

One factor you left out was how much of the year you intend to spend on the mainland. December thru February can be snowy, icy and cold in St Louis. Or, not so bad.

I would be concerned about storing an RV so far from my home. Your son won't have any time to be checking on it for you, with his new baby. Can you count on your RV to be ready to go when you want it? (That will make forum members laugh!)

Are you handy around the house? If the answer is no, then you will be relying on RV repair folks to repair your coach. Read some posts here about the trials that can bring.

My suggestion would be to check out short term rentals, such as Airbnb and VRBO. Then you can focus on your family and exploring. JMHO

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum