Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #13
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yes that is the "Mega" storage in the 24.1.

Simple: Remove front wheel and then turn handlebars so they are parallel with the bike then slide it in the shown hatch forks first so that the rear wheel lays flat in the open area shown. It may be possible to lay two on top of each other (If necessary you could remove the pedals). The front wheels could be stood up on the passenger side.

Granted I have not tried this but the description I just provided is how I would attempt to load bikes in there if I were to try. When we do bring bikes I just use my hitch mounted swagman carrier since its much easier and my "Mega" storage is already full (in addition I can watch the bikes on the rear camera).

When we tow a car and need bikes we just load them in the car.

Even attempting to put bikes in there seems like a silly exercise anyway (because as you mention--its too small ).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum