Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Mine also pushes up against the ceiling but I'm not sure if it moves that much.

The bunk uses a similar mechanism to the slide (Schwintek) which means:
  • Always raise it all the way up or all the way down (which means the seats have to be forward and reclined enough so the bunk clears the seatbacks)
  • When all the way up or down hold the switch for an additional 3-5 seconds to sync the motors
  • Try not to stop anywhere in the middle and don't "reverse course" 1/2 way through

Having said all that: I picked up a foam mattress for our bunk that is too thick to stay on the bunk when all the way up. So when we're camping we'll raise it up until the mattress touches the ceiling (which leaves it about 1" down) but then lower it all the way down when its used for the night (again holding the switch for the extra 3-5 seconds on the bottom). So far after 4 seasons our front bunk hasn't given us any issues.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum