Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #5
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.irwin.59@gmail.com View Post
<2018 Hurricane 29M - 3 months>

Just noticed that the rubber seal under the slide is about 6 inches short and leaves a gap at the rear.

Just took the rig into CW for some warranty stuff and added this to the list.

They told me the seal is supposed to be short and there should be a foam block in the space (which there is not) and they would take care of it.

Does this make sense? Seems kind of fishy to me.
Too short? Really! OK my lower slide seal sticks out maybe an 1 1/2" in the back and somehow during the time it sat the seal moved foward and when I opened the cargo door underneath it got caught in the door when it closed. So when I opened the slide a little, it pulled the seal out about another foot. When I saw what happened, I opened the cargo door, pushed the seal back in, applied some super glue to the seal to keep it in place and while looking at the top seal it was stuck out about 3 inches. I pushed it back in, super glued it in place and cut off the extra length, so yeah there is extra.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.