Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #16
Rlaugh

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Not to mention the "sudden" difference in gas formulations.

I installed the battery disconnect late last year and have seen no ill effects from it. I'm also running both engines about once a week. In the dead cold of winter I would run the V-10 for a good 30 minutes or so--at least until it was up to operating temperatures. Over the course of winter I burned about 1/4 tank doing this.

The couple of times I've driven it after extended storage and disconnecting the battery I have not noticed any difference in behavior/shifting patterns/etc.
We have the same problem of the both the chassis and house battery draining, can you tell me does the knife disconnect get connected to the negative post, or can it be connected to the positive side. With it being connected to the negative, it is not easily accessible without removing the interior portion of the dash.

And with connecting a disconnect to the house batteries, there are 2 batteries, do I connect one to each or if I attach it to one, will it disconnect the other battery too?

Thanks for your help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum