Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Are you thinking they would move the rear axle back on existing frame rails and then add additional rail length only at back end?

On the Axis I saw the frame was cut and extended in middle of wheelbase, plus there was an extension at rear too. On E-Series frame moving axle back on existing rails is not an option, so maybe that's why it's done that way.

On the F53 by virtue of it having straight rails it may save them some work if they can relocate the leaf spring mounts instead of cutting and welding frame. It's hard to say.

You may be able to look under your motorhome and see how they did it on yours.
They appear to have added a section towards the front of the frame.

When I looked under my coach three things jumped out.

First, on my Challenger the springs are on the outside of the frame and there does not appear to be enough clearance between the tire and frame for an airbag. I did not measure this with a tape measure.

The upper leaf of the springs are just about level with the lower edge of the frame rail.

The rear area/axle is mounted to a sub-frame assembly which is bolted to the main frame rails with I believe nine bolts (I saw 3 on the side, 3 on the bottom and I assume there are 3 on the top). This joint appears to be in the area, forward of the axle, where the air bag should be mounted, or very close to that area.

Now, I'm not sure if this layout is specific to the 22.5 inch chassis.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.