Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
VetPartTimer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12125
I'm real good about running the generator every 3-4 weeks. While I have not been putting stabilizer in for the last 6 months, I have been using the RV and putting at least a half tank of fresh gas in each month. In the last 2 months alone, I ran the gen probably 20 hours and ran close to 4 tanks of gas through the RV. So I'm kind of surprised that they are saying it's old gas and a gummed up carb.

About a year and a half ago, there was a 6 month period where I didn't use the RV and had not run the gen once for 6-7 weeks. All the other times I did run it every 3-4 weeks. After that period, I was afraid I would have trouble given that the gas was getting old, but the gen ran fine then and has up until now.

I think I'm going to stick with a new OEM carb and I'll plan to keep fresh stabilizer in it ALL the time. Hopefully that will do the trick.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum