Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfdchief24 View Post
Does anyone use air to blow out lines. Drain water and put antifreeze in traps? I have done this with my pull behind and our Gemini with no issues. Wondering if I will be able to do it with our Windsport 31z.
I’ve used air for many years and have had no problems. The exception to using air is the water pump, no good way to get the water out.

Open all your faucets then open all low point drains until everything is empty then close everything. The water pump is under the rear seat of the dinette, the is a capped stub to use for pulling in antifreeze. I hook up the antifreeze, open the bathroom cold water faucet (it’s the closest to the pump) then run the pump until I get pink from the faucet. There are valves at the pump to switch from the water tank to the stub.

I use air to blow out water from everything else, set compressor to 55-60 psi. Don’t forget the outside kitchen and shower. When I’m finished with the air I put antifreeze in all the traps, again, don’t forget the outside kitchen. Don’t forget to run the pump for the outside kitchen sink drain.

I can usually get everything done in about 20-30 min.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum