Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Gingerela

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #358
We just purchased a 2014 Hurricane and have the same problem. Our unit has an outdoor kitchen and when in use, it gets drenched from the a/c run off unit in the rear. Now the awning is drenched and looking pretty much like the picture above.

I confirmed with Thor that they do not use gutter rails on these units. I was originally told to move my jacks up 1/8th of an inch higher on the run off side so that the water would run off to the other side. Well, the other side has a full wall slide out and being the newbie that I am, I just wasn't comfortable doing that. I'm not that experienced. There is no indicator that can help me achieve such a minute measurement.

I called Thor again today and was told that the easiest fix was to run a bead of self-leveling silicone on the roof. It should be run about 8ft. from the end of the unit, towards the rear, wherever you want to divert the water to. I think I will give this a try. A friend told me that the roofs are made by Dicor and they make a silicone (self-leveling) caulk that would be perfect for this purpose.

The other option is a product called EZE Gutter system (Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters) which is made by 3M. It is a tape that comes with a peel off backing. It adheres right to the surface and has excellent reviews. It holds up well over time. If the silicone beading doesn't work, then this will be my next option.

I haven't found anything other after market gutter rail systems. If anyone knows a better way, please do share.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum