Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #38
claudial

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb2560 View Post
I just purchased a 2019 Chevy Spark to use as a toad behind our 2017 ACE 30.3 MH. After researching all the different tow bar and braking systems, I decided to go with the Ready Brake Brute tow bar and surge brake system. My decision came down to simplicity of the system and ease of making ready to tow. In my research of tow laws in various States, I wouldn’t even need a braking system in at least 31 States as the Spark only weighs 2200 lbs. However, I would never tow without a braking system for safety reasons, so I decided to go with a simple surge brake tow bar. I am installing a Blue Ox base plate, a wireless tow light kit and the Ready Brake tow bar with safety cables and break away kit. It also has a dash mounted light sensor in the coach, so I know if the toad brakes are being applied. We will be going on a two week trip to Texas and Arkansas next month, so we’ll see how it all works.

Steven B
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida
I also have a Spark and look forward to hearing how your trip goes. If you don't mind, may I ask how much you paid to have your system installed and how many hours it took them to do this? Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum