Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
How often to change rear axle oil and trans fluid?

I have a 2018 Chateau class C on the Ford E450 chassis. The Ford owner's manual states that the rear axle oil should be changed at 97,500 miles and the transmission fluid should be be changed at 150,000 miles under normal driving conditions. However, if it's used for regular towing, then the rear axle oil should be changed every 22,500 miles and the trans fluid every 30,000 miles.

It seems like hauling around a 32 ft. RV would be very similar to towing as far as stress on the drivetrain, so maybe I should follow the towing maintenance schedule. What do you other owners do?

Mine has about 22,500 miles on it now, and I did tow a car behind for about 5000 of those miles. Should I change the rear axle oil now?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum