Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:18 AM   #1
Diemaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
T.V. swap(s) giving me headaches.

i can attach pics but there posting upside down. thor would call this a benefit i guess

so what i thought was going to be a easy project turns out to be giving me headaches. is nothing easy working on a thor?

im trying to swap (now) all the TV's in my 31E for smart TV's mainly to stream movies from hulu and my NAS (i WILL NOT use netflix for reasons i wont get into here) thankfully the mounts have VESA holes so there's some what of a standard.

i tried to swap out the 40" over the bunk for a Samsung smart unit 7100 series 4K. the mount is 200 x 200 as was the holes on the tv. all i needed was the screws. mounted and the holes on the TV were to high to let the TV rotate back towards the wall. (TV was too low). so i decided to try the bedroom TV (32") and got a VESA adapter plate. in this case, im going from 200 x 200 to 100 x 100 after spending 3 hours balancing the TV and trying to get the screws to line up with spacers. the freaking mount blocks the power plug AND i would have to extend the coax and HDMI cables. since the plugs are on the opposite side of the mount of course.

so i got frustrated and moved on to the bedroom TV with the 32" i just opened. i cant for the life of me figure out how they mounted this stupid thing. the mount is mounted to a solid wooden box with the outlet and coax behind it. i tried to remove the side screws but they are SUPER touqured. i couldnt loosen them and started to strip one trying to remove it. it looks like they used wood screws in the mount metal. i cant reach the 200x100 mount screws that hold the TV on.

so tomorrow ill try the outside TV since it got dark before i could try it. thank God it;s already on a swivel, pullout mount. (searched and found the axis threads) but with how this is going, the TV wont align with the door and/or be too thick to close the door.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum