Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #27
Joezilla

Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS31W View Post
1. the fewer holes in the roof and sides the better. Anytime you put a hole in the roof or side wall, it becomes a potential source of leaking. The more holes, the more potential leaks, and the more potential the installers do not seal something correctly. So things like vents, skylights, speakers and TVs in the side walls, and the like - if they are build options, are better left off.

I hate the sky light in the shower too, mostly because of heat and A/C loss but it's there for two good reasons, to help cut down on mold growth and to light up shower stall
While I have never had mold growth in my shower so I do not know about this, but on our 2016 Atlanta build, we are leaving out the skylight and having two LED puck lights installed in place of it. Bingo, that takes care of the loss of natural light. I see this as a win/win. No skylight to lose a/c or allow heat in, no opening for water to intrude from the roof, still have light in the shower.

We placed one of those silver insulated heat reflectors over the opening of our skylight on the inside not long after we got it. Now after nearly 4 years it is still in place. I always check it, but this will be one less thing to worry about on the new rig.

Joe

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum