Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #29
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
And does the BMS make it mimic a lead acid battery? Or do you need to change your converter too?
The BMS just protects the battery from overcharging, overheating or voltage drop below specs. I have lifeblue lithiums and they say you can use your regular charger to charge them but it wont be as efficient as a lithium charger. One thing you have to be care of is if using a regular charger and it going into equalization mode, it will attempt to overcharge the battery with voltage.
The nice thing I like about my lithiums is first the dependable voltage under load, running a keurig coffee maker at 13 amps through an inverter my lead acid would kick out the converter due to low voltage under load, these are no problems, lowest I have seen them go is 12.9, my AGMs fully charged under that load would go into the low 11v range.

Second nice thing is the loss of the battery sitting is almost nothing, I left my battery at 72% without plugging it in to charge for 2 weeks and it only dropped to 71%. My agm's would have been dead after 5 days. BUT they are costly! I have 400 ah's and the cost is $3800.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.