Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #15
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Reid View Post
Hello everyone....

I locked myself inside my 99 Thor Hurricane when the door lock broke. Pulling the handles (inside and outside) would not release the spring loaded tongue portion of the lock. The pot-metal tongue broke and I had to disassemble the entire lock and remove the tongue. The dead bolt portion still works but it has to be set every time the door is closed.

Does anyone know of a RV boneyard that sells parts for these older models. The lockset appears to be the Trimark 60-650. I know there is a Trimark replacement/upgrade (60-1650) but am not sure if it is a direct-fit replacement. I may try to have the broken tongue fabricated or repaired as the price of the newer 1650 model in Canada is over $300.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Russ
No, but I remember when I forgot to bring a spare set of keys one time when I went camping. Wouldn't you know it, we got all set up, opened up one of the storage compartments, put down the keys so I could grab something with both hands.....and the wind blew the storage door shut. After an hour I called a locksmith and when we got back home I made up two extra sets. One for each of the vehicle's glove compartments and a spare under the entrance steps. Oh yeah, tried to get another set before this happened and the RV dealers didn't have the blanks, only a 'key master'.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.