Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
TurnerFam's Avatar
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: Alabama
Posts: 2,014
THOR #4735
I would think that if a motorcycle can cruise thru National or State parks, a motorized scooter, bike, or most anything else could 'IF' it is a tagged/licensed and insured vehicle...
otherwise, it might be considered a 'toy', and not allowed on the roads, and probably since it has a motor, also not on the walkways, paths, or even bike paths.

These same questions come up many times with golf carts, atvs, and ohrvs, in many jurisdictions and government regulated parks/areas.

Some small towns, especially in golf communities, allow golf carts on the roads IF they reach the minimum level of safety - such as turn signals, brake lights, and also include tag/license plates and is insured... with a licensed driver at the wheel.

I imagine that motorized bikes are in a similar standing in many areas... they can't attain a minimum speed on major roads and interstates, and they don't carry the aforementioned standard safety equipment, such as signals and brake lights, yet they are considered a motorized vehicle, as far as the authorities are concerned, putting them into the same 'laws' and restrictions of roadworthy vehicles.

Of course, if you 'look' like you're peddling your bike, maybe nobody would be the wiser!
the Turners
'14 Palazzo 33.3 bunkhouse 34' diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish HD, 100w/5a SOLAR, BlueOx
100,000+mi since '14 - US, Alaska, Canada.... formerly Georgia, then NorthCarolina, now Alabama : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.