Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #14
MEWright

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #12520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I believe your labelling/tagging is what concerns most readers. Your engine problems involve an engine which is also available in Fleetwood models as well as numerous other manufactures. Would it not have been more appropriate, as others have stated, to have posted on the Cummins Forums over at IRV2 and label it as a engine problem that Cummins has tried to fix on numerous occasions? Or your posting here label it as, "Our Cummins Engine is a Lemon."

"If any of you had taken the time to read my other posts you will see that I do not slam anyone, bad mouth anyone, point fingers at anyone or judge anyone I just wrote the story of what happened to US, not the "1000s of happy Thor owners", US.

This was the culmination and the conclusion of this chapter of our experience with Thor."

Having read your blogs you stated,
Thank you for reading the entire blog

"If there was a finger to be pointed anywhere or blame of any kinda placed, it would have to be at the previous owners of the Thor for trading it in like that or at Thor themselves. "

How do you know that the previous owner did not disclose the problems they encountered? I dont know this but since the dealership stood up through the entire process, why would they lie about that at the beginning or end? And we bought another used coach from them for this exact reason

Maybe they assumed that they were fixed. Are they all the same problem? Cummings factory was aware it had been in multiple locations for different issues. Multiple issues had been worked on as I stated

Have you ever given thought to the reason why some dealers do not sell their own trade-ins? No I dont care about this, that is their business practice. Some sell trade ins, some buy at auction some only sell new. If they do sell used either way it is still a used coach, why would this matter in this thread?

Did you ask your dealer what their plans were for the coach after it is fixed by Cummings? Yes, they told me they would not even try to sell or wholesale it unless they were confident the repairs where completed. They are aware of the problem and do not want it going to some other unlucky person whether from them or another seller location. As i have stated repeatedly Ancira RV has been an awesome dealership to work with.

"Its not my problem anymore! " Has CARFAX been updated so the next owner of the unit will not experience the same unfortunateness as you and your family did?
I cannot update it, Carfax does not include (to my knowledge) any repair history. We checked on the coach, it was a great report when we purchased. I was told after the fact that Carfax does not check RVs the way it does cars due to the drive train coming from on manufacturer, trans from another and frame from another then going to coach builder. They typically show, flood-wrecks etc.. I could be wrong on this

Or will there even be a future problem if it is fixed?
I hope that if it is repaired and sold it never gives anyone a single problem. I hope if it is repaired they do a perfect job so it never leaves another family stranded.

It is unfortunate, what you and your family experienced, with your first RV. Your willingness to air your encounter so others can learn is appreciated. The bottom line, I think you attributed it to the wrong organization.
Fair enough.
I stated my blog by saying we researched for several years what we wanted and set our price range and budget. We really liked everything about the Thor Palazzo 33.3. It met all our needs so I will say this one more time;

IT WAS THIS COACH, NOT EVERY PALAZZO ON THE ROAD.

When we looked at purchasing this unit I looked at this forum and IRV2 not knowing to check Cummings forum or other places so I feel that the title, while some may not agree, is a fair assessment of the tribulations. Our Palazzo was by definition a Lemon. Since there can be no line of differentiation between coach and power plant, it can not say the motor was a Lemon, its the entire thing as a whole.

IMO; It should be listed as a lemon but that it is not my call.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.