Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #21
Bill/Kathy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 33SW
State: Florida
THOR #4193
We’re on the Eastern leg of a three month trip from PA. We didn’t go to the west coast, just as far west as Yellowstone NP. We found out real fast that anywhere near a National Park you will need a reservation. We didn’t stay in any of the NP’s, but while driving through every CG we passed was full. Some do take reservations but most are first-come to get a site and they fill up early.

Trip Wizard and our Rand McNally took us on roads I wasn’t sure about. I asked CG workers and other RV’ers if a route was doable in my MH before taking it.

Keep an eye on the weather. We were in West Yellowstone mid-September and there was snow in the park at the higher elevations. In early October we were snowed on in Utah south of Moab.

If you have time visit Custer State Park in SD (The Black Hills). We stayed in Hermosa, SD and visited the park plus Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse Monument and had lunch in Custer at the Black Hills Burger & Bun Company (Great food).

I don’t know what southern route you’re taking east but if you’re in southern Texas try to fit Big Bend NP into your itinerary. You won’t be disappointed.

Bill/Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum