Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #15
ArtieP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #7286
Winterizing from Northern Michigan

My Windsport 34F appears to have 2 low drain points. 2 valves near the dump pipe and another 2 behind the sink in the “kitchen” area. Open the service door under the sink and there are 2 plunger type (pull up/push down) valves with rings to assist in the water lines. The water tank and pump are under the bed, the pump is towards the back wall. You unscrew 4 screws on the piece where the storage lid hinge is attached, then flip it over for access to the pump and drain valve (I couldn’t find it and 2 service techs search also, gave up and sent for the schematics for Thor). I attached the connection for the suction hose between the water tank and pump. Remove the cap, attach the plastic tubing, turn off the valve at the tank and drain, insert the tubing in a jug of anti-freeze and turn on the pump. The wife goes around to all our faucets and runs them till there is good pink. Make sure you “pink” the toilet if you store in an area the freezes. A freeze cracked the valve, though I had (I thought) did a good job of blowing it out. My hot water tank hides behind the drawer in a storage closet (found how to extend the drawer on the internet, finally). Don’t forget to close it off. I also use 2 gallons of anti-freeze in each holding tank to help keep things “fluid”.
ArtieP is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.