Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:17 AM   #1
Billr580

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Wiring situation

While on a longer trip recently, with the weather being in the upper 80's and high humidity I was using both air conditioners for an extended period of time after reaching the campground. After around 2 hours the rear air conditioner stopped working and upon inspection I found what was designated "water heater" (which hadn't been turned on yet) on a 15 amp service popped out in the breaker box. Upon resetting the breaker, the air conditioner started back up. The next day after similar circumstances the same thing happened again. After checking the manual I found that the air conditioner breaker (next to the Water heater breaker) was supposed to be a 20 amp breaker. My son-in-law is an electrician and he found that the wires had been swapped. This situation was quite concerning as you would believe. At the end of the stay and before dumping I found that the similar situation appears to be occurring with the "gray and black" tanks indicators being swapped, we had been using the toilet in the middle of the unit. The Gauge indicated that the black tank was almost empty but the grey tank was almost full. When I dumped it was obvious they too are swapped---not encouraging.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.