Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Coach Power
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
scubes3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #8483
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi EdE1911, welcome to the forum. Question for you. You mentioned you were running A/C and a vacuum cleaner which I expect were on AC (120v) shore power and then you “lost power to the coach”. Do you mean the 120VAC was lost to the coach or all 12VDC power was lost (Coach batteries would not power the 12VDC loads when shore power was removed)? (or both 120VAC and 12VDC was lost)? The reason I ask is that the 50 Amp mini breaker you reset looks like the one that is typically installed between the coach converter (battery charger) output and the coach battery latching disconnect relay (plus some BCC (battery Control Cabinet) 12VDC circuits in some coaches) to protect those circuits. So if you actually lost 12VDC loads powered by the coach batteries, it would be interesting to know why this DC breaker tripped when your A/C and a vacuum cleaner were running on the 120VAC shore power.
Same type question I had. Would have to guess that there was a spike/surge on the 120v side of the converter that surged the 12v side into the mini breaker.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum