Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #10
pmrburnett4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #12993
Smile

[QUOTE=Motoko;149681]As a newbie RVer last spring, I drove my Axis to Ohio from Punta Gorda via I-75. The so-called "mountains", especially Jellico Mountain, wasn't much of a mountain at all. More like a hill if you ask me. You shouldn't have any problems. I didn't and I'm a 65 year old single lady who had never driven an RV before.

What part of Ohio are you starting from? I'm in Mogadore, just outside of Akron, and will be going down I-71 until just before Cincinnati, where I'll jog around and catch 75. Try to avoid Cincinnati, the interstates there are just about undriveable!! They don't have pot-holes, they have craters. Huge ones the moon would be proud of. At least they did last spring. Columbus is no picnic either, especially on the south side.

Atlanta is a traffic nightmare any time of the day, except for maybe 3 am. I plan on going I-285 east around the city, since most of the semi's take the western leg (they can't drive directly through the city).

I'm spending the winter in Punta Gorda, leaving Ohio a week from today. Looking forward to much WARMER weather!!

Happy trails and have a safe trip!![/QUOTE

motoko: thank you, we are pending the winter at sun n shade on tamiami trail in punta gorda, is that close to you? we are both 63.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.