Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
It is hard to tell from the photos exactly how much corrosion is present. Keep in mind that wet batteries "breath" and will create some of what you see when enclosed in compartments that don't have much air movement. I would certainly have the dealer clean the area with the proper battery acid solvent cleaner and have all the batteries tested.
Of course I could not move the batteries etc., the pictures were taken of all of the visible areas I could see corrosion. It is a brand new never sold 2018 RV and I was close to buying. I took these pictures because that it looked really bad compared to the others. I was talking to salesman and I had to stop my self because I almost said I could not expect it to perfect, but then it is supposed to be brand new. If it was used, then you start the conversation of what may be normal. If I bought then when I sale, I would take a really big hit because it would be used with damaged.

From what I have read thus far, there is no way I accept the existing batteries anymore. Oddly a sticking point on the sale before I saw all of this was I had spoken to Worldwide battery who had encouraged me to get the dealers to upgrade both of my house batteries to their Group 31. Reason being is I have two inverters on same bank of batteries and they felt I could increase the reserve. RV dealer would not do, stating they don't change what comes from the mfg.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum