Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
munrore

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24ST
State: Maryland
THOR #3964
2018 Thor Siesta 24ST chassis battery problem

After a nearly 3 month trip south to escape the cold months we returned to MD and parked our new coach for a few weeks. After just about 2 weeks I hopped in the coach, engaged the "use/store" switch to "use", looked at the "Vegatouch" panel and noticed that the chassis battery was below 12 and she wouldn't start. I wasn't smart enough to note the actual battery levels (I do now) but a charge to the chassis battery of about 10 minutes and she started.

I always ensure that the "use/store" switch is set to "store" before leaving the coach. The microwave clock off is a good indication that at least the house batteries are disconnected with the switch is in store.

I've taken the coach to a MB dealer a few times now and they can't find the problem, other than to note that they pointed to a cable connected to the chassis battery that in their opinion shouldn't be there.

Our coach has the "Summit" package with all those bells and whistles. Part of the Summit pkg is a solar panel and controller, but after leaving the dealer I realized that the controller display was showing an error message, so at this point the solar panel is not a solution if I leave the switch to "use." Frustrating to say the least, not knowing whether the coach will start after sitting for a couple weeks... Any other 2018 Thor Siesta / Synergy / Citation owners having chassis battery problems?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.