Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJalbert View Post
They are all over both sides and it isn't from rocks or hail damage. Every year more and more keep showing up. They are at the top and the bottom.
Someone said it could be from moisture in behind? Also one one side the panel has partially let loose from the coach.
Hmm? I have been around fiberglass boats, and RVs most of my life, and I have not seen that type of age-related degradation due to moisture, even if it's been sitting in a swamp for twenty years.

It's possible that when the fiberglass sheet was being manufactured there were small contamination inconsistencies in the resin, or the surface. And now, when the fiberglass is aged, (and completely gassed-out), those inconsistencies are popping out.

All fiberglass gets old and brittle. It's only a matter of delaying the inevitable aging process with good cleaning and regular waxing practice. By the crazing, it appears that the fiberglass is very dried out and weathered.

You very likely have three options.

1. Patch the obvious damage. Sand/Polish/wax and call it a day.
2. Patch the damage, then paint the entire coach, (if it's worth it).
3. Replace the entire damaged panels with new fiberglass sheet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.