Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #6
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
On my older coach, the black velcro buttons are attached to the trim piece above the windshield and over the side doors - not into a rubber gasket. I suppose it is variance in different years, but nonetheless a mickey mouse solution.

We have found though, that just tucking the curtain under the forward bed (over the cab) and letting it hang down works just as easy.

Recently, we bought an aftermarket windshield/side window cover that installs from the outside. We use that if we are going to be somewhere for a few days, but still just tuck the other curtain under the forward bed if just somewhere for an evening.

I think the 3 Trax system is only used on the full-room slides, not the shorter ones. Only the full length slides using 2 racks seem to be the ones having problems.

We have a shorter slide and have had no issues. Still, we only use the slide when we are absolutely level.

There has been occasion where I could not get the coach leveled to my satisfaction, so we did not deploy the slide. Fortunately though. our coach can be adequately used with the slide in.

It is a bit cramped with the slide in, but we can "tough it out" for a couple of days that way... after all, it's better than a tent.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.