Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #11
ggeier

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: Indiana
THOR #11486
Smile paint warranty claim approved

Well, I'm not sure exactly how this happened but before I had a chance to call Thor Customer service the day after my last post, I received a call from the service department at our dealership, Total Value RV in Elkhart, telling me that they were going to resubmit our claim to Thor. Almost simultaneously, my husband received a call from Thor telling him that the claim was approved, pending agreement from Thor’s painting subcontractor. Yesterday, I heard from Susan, the service rep from Total Value, letting me know that our Synergy was at the painting facility in Elkhart. She expects to be able to finish the rest of our work next week.

There is no question that my husband and I are disappointed in the quality of Thor’s workmanship, however, I have to say that I am very pleased with the quality of the work of the service department of Total Value RV. All told we have had at over 20 warranty issues that they have fixed, from a leaky skylight, broken drawer latches and exterior locks, rattles, multiple areas of loose interior trim, misplaced recliner seats, leaky shore plug, delamination of the vinyl flooring, etc,etc. I have always found Susan to be responsive, understanding, honest and able to deliver what she has promised.

I’m also really grateful for what I ’ve learned from this forum. We took two trips this summer, one to the Boundary Waters in Minnesota and the other all the way out to Sun Valley, Idaho and had an absolute blast. We inspexted the unit carefully after each trip and made lists of what needed to be fixed at the appointments we had previously made for service after each trip. The unit is going into storage as soon as we get it back, but it’s coming out again next spring for a trip before it goes out of warranty in April.

We are not going to let the difficulties we’ve had ruin the fun we plan on having with our Synergy. I guess it's just the cost of doing business. Thanks again to everyone who makes the effort to post about their experiences.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum