Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Rotate Tires?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 01:44 AM   #18
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Jamie,
Did you stay with the same Michelin's that your 24.1 Vegas came with? Tires are a bit of a cost item and we are now in our 4th season. Our original plans were to decide on keeping or changing out the RV before 54 months of ownership.

DocMike
I don't have any of the paperwork (or the RV for that matter) here so I can't be sure but I think our new tires were/are Cooper tires. The tire shop that sold us the tires said that the Michelin's were known for rotting like that (at that point I didn't really have a choice since we were trying to get home so they could have sold me balsa wood tires for all I knew). The tire shop was recommended by Cherry Hill Park so I'd like to think they were somewhat honest. (I do know that the tire shop didn't have replacement Michelin's in stock.)

Here is where they sent us:
https://ddtires.com/

Not how I wanted to make the tire purchase (would rather have had the time to do some research first).

Have to say, however, that the tires have performed well so far.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum