Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #28
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
PS - It has all of the "Advantages" of the E chassis.

8000 # tow hitch, good ride, small size.

I dont know of any dis-advantages over a C class.

I like the Axis 24.1 a lot, and would have purchased one years ago if I could have ordered one without the slide (and dinette in place of couch)).

Having said that, if I compare objectively, there are many disadvantages to an Axis versus similar Class C. Granted, these may not be that important to you, but they are significant.

A Class C has front doors and powered roll-up windows.
The dash is built to Ford auto standards.
There are air bags.
The windshield is far cheaper to replace.
Wipers, motors, and controls are to Ford auto standards.
Dash A/C is all Ford.
Hood and hinges are to Ford auto standards.
Underwood wiring is to Ford auto standard.
Access to battery and fluid checks are far better.

I could go on, but my point is simply that anything associated with the cab will be designed and manufactured to a completely different quality standard. Personally, I can overlook many of these disadvantages, but it doesn’t mean they are not real.

The Axis/Vegas cab does feel more open, but the windshield feels like it’s a mile away from driver, which I don’t particularly like.

Finally, the Axis/Vegas cost is significantly higher. Just in last few days I was comparing Chateau 25V and Axis 24.1, and the MSRP of Axis is much higher. It includes a few options, but I doubt they would represent more than $1,000 to $2,000 at most.

This is 25V Class C below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	708030FA-3F3E-4BA6-8BC9-F1E4059A3955.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	13715  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.