Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Guage issue
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice G View Post
We had our gauges act up on our trip home last spring on our 2014 palazzo 36.1. Initially the fuel gauge dropped and stayed off. 30 minutes later the oil pressure dropped and came back up. Later the same day the air pressure started dropping and quickly coming up.This continued for 4 days. Obviously there was a bad connection. Our trip was 4 days back to Canada where I booked the RV in for repair. On the morning of the appointment all gauges worked normally and have ever since. I canceled the appointment. I am expecting a repeat performance at some point but have traveled 5000 miles with everything working fine. Anyone have a similar experience?
Yeah, long time ago, when I owned a truck, the Oil pressure gauge started acting intermittent, so I had the pressure checked with a good tester and it was good. Ok replaced the gauge and 800 miles into a 1000 mile trip the gauge died. The engine kept running, the temp didn't rise, nothing else happened, so I finished the trip and replaced the bad gauge, tightened the nut to the wire and it was good. Had another time when I started my car at night and the lights came on, everything worked, but the gauges had no lights. Found out that the battery needed another ground from the post to the frame. The negative post to the engine was not good enough. Had another time on my motorcycle when it just stopped, no power at all. 30 minutes of checking and the negative wire to the frame somehow got loose. Scratched the paint off, tightened the screw and it started and ran. So I learned that if your battery is good, check the posts for connection, then all the grounds, then for loose wires, or wires that are not crimped to the clamp, then the fuses. Sometimes turning a switch off, turns other things off as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.