Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Windsport 29M
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #95
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Ok, got a 34f. Give me a day or two. The wall sticking out in the entrance was about 6 inches and I hated it cause I'm not skinny enough to get in the bed without putting the slideout. So I just took it out completely with the slide. The outlet plug, is a 'pop up' 3 outlet plug (3 inch diameter) and is plugged into the outlet under the rear seat at the table. Get that at an RV store. Oh yeah, overhead of the kitchen sink I put another 4 pin outlet there and zip tied the cord to make it smaller. Also I found that the door to the bathroom had a lever, well in a place that was not good. If the slideout is in, it is hard to get in the bathroom and if you manage to, it catches on a belt loop going out. So I just took the handle off and rubber band the door shut with the posts higher up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125856.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	13738Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125729.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	13739Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125700.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13740Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_123418.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	13741Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_123400.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	13742 Ok, I finally got off my duff and got out to my RV, these are the pictures. The foldable extension to the counter top shows 2 pics, 1 folded and 1 extended. I cut up an old broom handle for the rod under for holding it up. Then for more power in the kitchen, I added a power extension for 4 outlets above the kitchen there and velcroed the cord end over end to make it smaller, then i stuffed it in there. This is for the coffee maker, toaster, pancake griddle and nite lite if we want to use all of them there. The 'Pop up' plug you see on the table is for more power there and the extension cord is just the right length for plugging in under one of the chair outlets there. Ok I found the diameter of the hole and drilled in the table myself and nailed the cord in place below with cable stays. We had problems with the sliding door to the bedroom door not staying in place, so I took it all out, put a 2 x 4 in there and covered it with the same wall paper. Maybe not perfect but it's my RV. I also had the Burr Handi lift installed. I installed a drawbridge on it and a fold over step for the last step before the landing. The handi lift is slow to operate and if it is possible, I'd rather have pneumatic steps there instead. If you want a picture I can send that as well. The biggest problem I have with the handi lift is that it's slow. A minor problem was they don't honor the warranty work either but that's another story.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125700.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13740

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum