Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Re-posted, this time with photos that are viewable.

When I test drove the RV for the first time, for me, the steering felt loose. After researching steering stabilizers I decide to buy the Roadmaster RSSC Reflex Stabilize Unit and mounting kit. After a fairly easy installation, the RV drove a lot better in my opinion.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2332-1.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	13842

We didn't like the fact that the entry door had frosted glass. While I know it was used to help with privacy, I wanted to be able to see out the window in the door before opening it. On my TT I had installed a Zarco window shade kit.

Name:  Window Shade.jpg
Views: 2815
Size:  11.7 KB
It comes with a clear piece of glass and the shade itself. It can be easily installed and opens and closes fine.

Name:	IMG_2289-1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	13844

Name:	IMG_2290-1.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	13845
While I was at it, I installed a better handrail at the entry door because DW has hip and knee issues.

My TT had an amber porch light that I could use when the fur babies had to go out on patrol in the middle of the night. On this unit, the only outdoor lighting was the bright LED strip under the awing. I found a motion detecting amber outdoor fixture on etrailer and ordered it. I wired it to a new switch I installed on the side of the cabinet in the entryway (also installed a small panel that has a 12v DC outlet and USB ports as well as a meter that shows the battery charging.

Name:	IMG_2362-1.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	13847

Name:	IMG_2363-1.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	13846
I can either manually turn on the outside light or leave it armed so any outside motion within range will turn it

Lastly, for now, I mounted the folding 7 ft ladder I had used on my TT. on the rear bumper of this unit.

Name:	IMG_2358-1.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	13848
Name:  20319nnew.jpg
Views: 2798
Size:  2.0 KB

More to come at a later date.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.