Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:30 AM   #65
GAPonygirl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Georgia
THOR #13014
Was a Vegas Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDoherty View Post
Why did you chose a mini Class A over a full size?
I am on the brink of buying a 28' to 30' and need someone to point out what advantages/disadvantages there are!! How do the Axis/Vegas handle the road on much smaller tires??
Is it a concern at all??
Bought a 2018 Vegas last January, at 3,300 miles we traded in for a 2016 Thor Miramar and I am very happy now. Reasons:
1. we needed 2 AC systems. 1 AC was not enough in hot climates during the day. Once the sun set it was fine, but barely enough in daytime.
2. The bathroom in the 25.5 was too small to change clothes in for a shower. We were forced to section off half the coach with the paper/fabric accordion door.
3. Sofa bed has a hard bar in the middle that we could not rectify. My husband and I were forced to use the really hard beds (convertible to a king bed) in the back. The beds in the back were really for the boys that only occasionally travel with us.
4. There are no seatbelts for the two couches in the back and NO ONE wanted the liability of reinforcing the floor and adding more for us.
5. Steering is very loose (that is the way the F350 chassis comes). Without a full load of water (and sometimes with) trucks passing become a burden to hold your lane. I also have a old shoulder issue that was aggravated by this.
6. No pass through storage made it a challenge to carry everything we wanted.

The Miramar does much better on the road. We went from 9.8 mpg to 8.2 with the new coach. ALL the beds are comfortable. Bathroom is roomier. Got 2 ACs, an inverter and an auto gen start. Have pass thorough storage now with PLENTY of room to spare. Also, my mom has bone cancer and needs to be able to use the whole coach to elevate her legs, so we now have the room to allow her to do that. We had already purchased a toad. The Vegas is small, but it is still a hassle in downtown areas to park. We found that we were renting cars pretty often. Liked the Vegas, LOVE the Miramar.

Hope this helps!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum