Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 05:06 AM   #18
GAPonygirl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Georgia
THOR #13014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsottile View Post
I recently purchased a 2018 Vegas. I am having trouble with all the batteries. When I park the coach I turn the switch to store and it no appliances or lights work as they shouldn't. When I come back in a week to check on coach all batteries are dead. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Thanks

Jim
Just went through the exact same thing on my 2018 Vegas this past summer. They thought it was the solenoids, changed those, not it. After many weeks and lots of head scratching, figured out the switch (that cuts off the house batteries to the coach) had gone bad and was NOT cutting anything off and draining all of the batteries. Fix: changed switch and ran new wiring underneath the coach to the solenoid location. (Could not get the wiring through the floor) Be careful, with the batteries sitting dead so long at the dealership we almost blew them up when we go the coach home. Plugged in to get the fridge cold the day we picked it up for a trip the next morning. Kept smelling rotten eggs. Apparently, the normal process to charge the batteries and then shut off at 95 to 100% doesn't stop (due to the dead cells). The constant charging makes everything overcharge and boil over causing the Sulphur smell. Dealership had to change the batteries the next morning, lucky for us we caught it in time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.