Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
K9coach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34B
State: New Jersey
THOR #2558
Question Considering a 2016 Hurricane 34J

Hi All,

We are looking to upgrade to a newer Class A RV. We have been looking at pre-owned, not considering anything new...until we saw the 2016 34J (was not planning on looking at it, it happened to be parked next to one we were looking at). It has everything I'm looking for in an RV (plus a little), but am nervous about buying a Thor. I've heard so much bad, I would love to hear some good! Anyone?

I did read the posts about the new frameless windows, so will need to go back and see if that will be an issue for me.

Hoping the new 3trax system is better than Thor's original system for the wall slide, any opinions on it?

The '16 comes with night shades only (tinted windows). Coming from day/night, I'm wondering if I will miss the day shades (I very rarely use them now).

I was excited about the bunk in the front, but have read some things that have me worried. Anyone not have any issues with it?

My current RV (09 Hurricane) was purchased pre-owned, so I didn't have to go through the new RV thing. It has been mostly good to me, with some normal stuff, and a couple big ticket items, along the way.

Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum