Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #18
Smeady64

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Alabama
THOR #5884
Replaced JRV212t with JRV9000R

My JRV212t went out in three years. I bought a refurbished unit and it lasted about a year. After much research I discovered that I could buy another type unit and get a separate switch for the cameras, but that it might not work as well with the Jensen cameras in the coach. It also might not let me display the backup camera while driving - only in reverse. I called a couple of local car stereo places and they had no suggestions. I called Jensen and they recommended the JRV9000. I bought the recommended wiring harness and made the switch. With the harness, I could simply plug everything up and not splice any wires. The unit came with a gps antenna because it has navigation, which I routed to the dash. It also came with an external mic for Bluetooth connection to my phone. Originally the screen was a little dim, but there is an adjustment under settings that took care of it. The new unit works great! I was able to install it in about an hour. Someone with more experience could probably do it quicker. It seems to be much better quality and has a lot more functionality.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum