Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #45
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
To reduce reflections has anyone tried putting an anti-glare filter (Amazon) on the window?

(Would have to make sure it is not a privacy filter as you're looking through the glass at an angle and the privacy filter would block that angle view. You'd just want the anti-glare filter.)
The seller of Jamie's tint answered in the Q's that It's not privacy film but does darken slightly. I've not heard of it before. Off the top of my head , privacy filter seems like a "deep" polarizer restricting through transmission of off angle light rays. Whereas glare is from the surface, an angle of incidence thing. I'd be willing to try a square in line with my driver's mirror.

My sensitivity to glare has increased. Regular "Transitions" prescription photo-gray lenses do not darken behind the windshield with it's anti-UV and do nothing to cut glare. I was using clip-on polarizers to provide some relief. Last year I bought a new pair with the Transitions Driverwear lenses that are polarized and they made a huge difference but there are so many reflected angles in the Axis that they hardly help. I was backing up into a shadowed campsite and had 3 reflections going to look thru to see my mirror and not hit the pedestal. I may need to buy a pair of runway signal wands for my DW to guide me in. (should I reword that?) https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Wand-3.../dp/B0039XKKNC
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum