Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
that's right, as batteries are not a 'specific' output device like others, as far a time goes.
Your inverter will output 120v power, for sure, at least as long as you have enough battery power.
Your shore power will give you 120v power, normally, as long as it has power itself.
Your generator, the same, as long as it has fuel.

While batteries give 12v output, the 'time' it will last is not indefinite, therefore the 'amount' of that 12v you use is going to impact the 'time' you have to use it - and it will be different in almost any and all situations.
Even if your neighbor has your exact same coach, parked right next to you, and under the exact same conditions, will probably not have the same outcome. It's just the nature of batteries.

This reminds me of the time I helped with my city's power bills - the billing department seemed to be the front for many calls and complaints about why the bill was so 'high'.
Inevitably, the conversation went from why 'my' bill is so high, to why is my bill not the same as my 'neighbors'??
The reality is that the neighbor's house may be better insulated.
They may run the air conditioner less.
They may not leave the front door open.
etc.,....

It's the same power source, and will bill for the same amount of usage, but one house that 'looks' like another house may not necessarily have the same bill!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum