Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #5
Jevad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 30D
State: New Jersey
THOR #13701
Thanks Javelin, I searched all over for that manual... and could not find it (and it was the one that I didn't get from dealer either.) Looking at the wiring diagram, the 12V TO the Thermostat seems to come from the Off/Reset switch located on the mounting bracket for the Ignition Control Board on the Furnace. (hard to see, but its on the left side of picture below).

To answer some of your questions for clarity.... I'm quite sure its not coincidental for furnace to come on as I started opening it. In fact, for the last 8 hours or so, I have now gone out and simply gave the wall a knock (not even too hard), and immediately the blower fan starts up (followed by the ignition of the furnace in a about 30 seconds - as normal). When the system is "stuck" and not working, I can slide the temp setting from one extreme to the next (low to high), I do NOT hear the thermostat click/engage relay to start the furnace. ALSO, the fan nor AC kick on (switching from Heat to any other setting). Since this is an analog/slide type Coleman Mack thermostat, there are no batteries in the unit. I was measuring the voltage from W1 (Red) wire to W2 (Blue) farthest wire (see picture). When working I can read 12VDC across those 2 points, when stuck I read only a couple of volts. (something pulling the voltage down?). again, all the wiring looks good, and I've moved them around to make sure nothing is shorting.

I REALLY appreciate the thoughts. I'm in upstate NY with my wife and son, who aren't too keen on freezing out in the "RV"... first experience for them is not going well :-(.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_141903.jpg
Views:	7591
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	13981   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_185137.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	13982  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181110_133658.jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	13983  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum