Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I guess there could be drawbacks, but then again, that can happen to any type of water heater...just look at all of the negatives on these forums about Dometic, Attwood, etc... everything can have problems.
I think the tankless systems are a great idea, great storage room savings, and supposedly 'endless' hot water. How does it work? Propane, Electric? If propane, I suppose it could work anytime, anywhere...but I suppose if it's electric, it would require the generator or shore power.

I have a tankless water heater in my son's 'apartment' next to our house, for his bathroom sink. It has a problem in that if the water flow thru the water line for the faucet is not 'enough', it won't trigger the heater to start working.... not a big problem for the sink, but if taking a shower, that's another story.

I would think that one issue might be the amount of water flow to trigger the heating element. If on your water pump, it would have to be a certain flow level, or you'd have an issue. If on shore water, the same thing applies.

I wouldn't 'not' buy an Aria just over concerns for the water heater, though, especially if it's the floorplan and chassis/engine platform that you like. You'll figure it out. : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.