Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
MTHook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby!!! View Post
Hey all, I am gearing up for thanks giving at glamis but this year it will be with my 24.1 vegas for the first time. I gave up the DP a few months ago so I was wondering if anyone has been camping in the washes at glamis or in a sandy area in theirs and how it either plows along or stops short with the smaller tires. will have enclosed trailer with sandrail, gas, wood ect in tow. please share experience. thanks
1st it's been years (30 years) since I've been to Glamis with my Class C plus trailer with sand rail, 350 bike and ATC, wood and all the extras but then going down the washes was easy and most of the parking off the wash road is solid enough to get around fine, just go slow. Was there about 5 years ago in a friend's Class A with no problems. That's one of the few things I miss about living in the California, we dirt biked , water skied, and Duned all within a few hours drive.

Make sure you have reservations so you have parking

Pismo Beach is a whole different story, there you just hire the tow truck to pull you to the parking spot and they come back when you are ready to leave and pull you out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum