Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMor View Post
I like the looks of the WorkHorse truck better, and it will have a BMW engine running a generator to extend range.
https://workhorse.com/pickup/

Frank

I like the available 7.2 kW electrical power from the batteries. When this technology eventually becomes more common for RVs, it will be great to run air conditioners, microwaves, refrigerators, etc. without running a generator. And if battery bank gets low, the range extender generator would only have to run for an hour a day at most if running A/C all day.

A smaller version of this should be coming out soon in the form of the Ford F-150 Hybrid with its power unit for contractor tools. I think it would be easy for Ford to offer that same “hybrid” technology in RV chassis. As I’ve mentioned before, I’d love to run an air conditioner overnight without a generator. This technology (albeit expensive) makes it practical.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.