Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #54
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
I understand. I have friends in the restaurant industry that won’t eat in a restaurant b/c They know the truth. So if Thor was to do things the “right way “how much more would it add to the price of an RV and would u pay it? You seem to be a good one to ask

I’m not the best guy to ask because while I may have high expectations for design and quality, I have very low expectations on what I need to enjoy traveling and or camping. Unlike many buyers, I honestly don’t want to take my house with me. I want a motorhome as small and simple as possible, and no simpler.

To your question of cost: Yes, in my opinion it would cost more to build things right, or at least better. We’ve had that conversation here before, and some QA types have disagreed with me, saying that in the long run it costs less. It’s sometimes difficult to quantify, so cost of quality remains subjective to some degree.

I don’t want to hijack thread, so will only say that yes, I’d pay more for higher quality, but would offset some of the cost premium by eliminating content I find unnecessary for “camping” and or traveling.

On topic, I will say that I expect an all-electric RV “house” will offer a great opportunity to simplify RV design, which should lead to higher quality for many units. The less often RVs are used, the greater the need to make them as simple as possible in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum