Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I feel your pain. It took me 5 months of working on my brand new 29M before it was ready for an uneventful road trip. Every time we hit the road we found something new to fix or correct. I love my rig but if Thor had done even a half-assed job of quality control before it left the factory I would have been a happier camper. If the selling dealer would have done any kind of PDI before selling it I would have been ecstatic. To be honest, I don't know whom I am more aggravated with, Thor, Camping World or myself. My previous motor homes were both Fleetwoods and in 20 years each one required one or two trips to the dealer for recalls, but no warranty repair work. If my local Fleetwood dealer hadn't gone out of business I would have bought another one, but alas, I ended up with the Thor. The wife wanted a Winnebago, but the Thor was 25 grand cheaper. Now I know why.
I didn't like the tactics used by my dealer. When one of the PDI guys tells me I can drive with the rear slide out (safe & legal), the salesman tells us the rear bead on a 25.2 folds down for use while in motion (which was important for us, since I have my elderly parents with me), I know there's an issue...
Don't even get me started on that polymer scam. When I go to a tire store, I can see new tires, how can they prove they did the polymer? The RV was filthy and had stickers on it the day after the alleged polymer was put on (was in their covered shop).

We were RV show victims.

I had 3 PDI folks show me the RV and I still didn't know where the fresh water drain was located. Seeing cheap home depot water drain knobs all over made me

I would have used flexible pvc hoses with pvc knobs, but that's just me. There are like a million cheezy crimp-clamps used (have already fixed a leak under the kitchen sink (faulty crimp). I'll lay a "sham-wow" underneath all of the myriad of hosing under the bed and watch for wrinkles. A sham-wow works great for leak detection.

Does anyone know if the euro cabinet doors are pre-drilled for their hinges? I'd install them myself, if so. Ours are either mis-sized, or have screws protuding through the front finish.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum